Re: Example of Using Variations in Presentation of Text

From: Loretta Guarino Reid <lorettaguarino@google.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 14:19:14 -0700
To: Makoto Ueki <makoto.ueki@gmail.com>
Cc: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org
On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 10:34 AM, <makoto.ueki@gmail.com> wrote:
> Name: Makoto Ueki
> Email: makoto.ueki@gmail.com
> Affiliation: JIS Working Group
> Document: TD
> Item Number: G117
> Part of Item: Examples
> Comment Type: technical
> Summary of Issue: Example of Using Variations in Presentation of Text
> "Example 1: An on-line test requires students to write a short summary of a longer document."
>

> This is not an example for G117.
>
> Proposed Change:
> Remove it and add anothor example like this.
>

> <h2>Web Accessibility Guidelines</h2>
>
> <ul>

> <li>WCAG 1.0</li>
>
> <li>Section 508</li>
>
> <li>JIS X 8341-3</li>

> </ul>

This is an example of G117, demonstrating that the set of words to be
used is not only identified by a change in text style, but also be
including them in a separate list. However, the title of the example
was misleading. We have rewritten the example make it clearer why it
is an example of G117.

We are also adding your suggested example as the first example for
this technique.