On Focus and On Input and dropdown menu

From: Chris Reeve <chrisreeve15@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 01:00:13 -0700 (PDT)
To: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org
I recently received a message that On Focus and On Input are only applicable if there is a script present. My page does not contain any scripts.

Does this mean drop down menus in CSS, or in tabular format are exempt from On Focus? Will it On Focus only be applicable if it is scripted?

I recieved it from a consultant after e-mailing the forum w3c-wai-ig@w3..org

The consultant suggested anything with "On" is based on scripts. If the document does not contain scripts it is not applicable.

Please verify the truth of the information I recieved.