WCAG 2.0 Comment Submission

From: WCAG 2.0 Comment Form <nobody@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 03:02:05 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org

Name: Jason White
Email: jasonw@ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Affiliation: none
Document: W2
Item Number: Success Criterion 2.2.1
Part of Item:
Comment Type: ED
Whereas guideline 2.2 is framed in terms of \"time limits\" on reading and

interaction. criterion 2.2.1 instead uses the term \"time-out\". Neither \"time

limit\" nor \"time-out\" is defined. This difference in terminology raises the

question of whether there is meant to be a distinction between the two

concepts. I don\'t think there is, or ought to be, such a distinction.

Proposed Change:
Use the term \"time limits\" in 2.2.1, in the same sense as in the text of

guideline 2.2 itself. More generally, use \"time limit\" wherever \"time-out\"

appears in WCAG 2.0. If appropriate, add a glossary entry to clarify the

meaning of the term - I think the text of guideline 2.2 is a clear and precise

formulation of what is meant.