WCAG 2.0 Comment Submission

From: WCAG 2.0 Comment Form <nobody@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 08:54:38 +0000 (UTC)
To: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org

Name: JackP
Email: throwaway@thepickards.co.uk
Affiliation: None
Document: W2
Item Number: ensure-compat-parses
Part of Item:
Comment Type: technical
Just a note that you asked for comments and from my own personal trawl of the archives, I found 19 separate comments related to validity/unambigous parsing. Of these, 18 of the comments desired returning to the \'validates\' criteria as used in WCAG 1 at either Level 1 or 2. That\'s almost 95% of the people making a comment wanting validity back.

(also see public posting on same:

http://www.thepickards.co.uk/index.php/200606/validity-those-taking-up-arms/

)

Proposed Change:
Re-include validity at level 2 as a strenghtening of SC 4.1.1.