Re: My comments about the WCAG 2.0 specifications

Wendy Chisholm <wendy@w3.org> writes:

> Thank you for the pointer to SALT, I'm not sure about the rest of the WCAG
> Working Group, but I was unaware of this project.  Does this overlap with
> W3C work on voice and multimodal applications or timed text? [1,2, 3]  Or
> does this fill a gap between these technologies?

Hi,

A few words on SALT and W3C: SALT was contributed to the Multimodal
Interaction Working Group in 2002. In 2001, the XHTML+Voice [2]
specification was similarly contributed. It became a chartered [1]
work item of the Working Group to develop an authoring language for
multimodal application, not just voice, but also other input
modalities like digital pens or gestures. In order to carry out that
work item, SALT, XHTML+Voice and other multimodal languages are being
considered.

[1] MMIWG Charter: <http://www.w3.org/2004/03/mmi-charter.html>
[2] XHTML+Voice profile <http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml+voice/>

Hoping this help,