Re: HTML Canvas - Transforms for HDR and WCG

In this context any ICC profile with headroom above SDR white is applicable.
Adobe currently ships such profiles, all having a significant headroom. Also attached.
This covers both cine camera profiles and HDR profiles. All are V4 profiles.
AFAIK, there are more such profiles in the market place.
(Adobe started shipping such profiles in 2006)

ARRI LogC3 Wide Color Gamut - El 160
ARRI LogC3 Wide Color Gamut - El 1600
ARRI LogC3 Wide Color Gamut - El 800
Canon Cinema CLog2
Canon Cinema CLog3
e-sRGB
P3 D65 PQ W203
P3 D65 PQ W300
P3 PQ Display Full
Panasonic V-Gamut V-Log
Rec.2100 HLG Scene W63
Rec.2100 HLG Scene W75
Rec.2100 HLG Scene W81
Rec.2100 HLG W100
Rec.2100 HLG W203
Rec.2100 HLG W300
Rec.2100 PQ W100
Rec.2100 PQ W203
Rec.2100 PQ W300
Rec.lTU-R BT.2100 HLG Scene Full
Rec.lTU-R BT.2100 HLG Scene Narrow
Rec.lTU-R BT.2100 PQ Display Full
Sony S-Gamut3.Cine/S-Log3
Sony S-Gamut3/S-Log3
Universal Camera Film Printing Density

A user can embed any of the above profiles in these file formats with these extensions (using Photoshop).
Other tools can support other formats.

psd Photoshop
psb Large Document Format
eps Photoshop EPS
jpg  JPEG
jpf  JPEG 2000
jps  JPEG Stereo
mpo  Multi-Picture Format
pdf  Photoshop PDF
png  PNG
tif  TIFF

Not tested if these work with SVG.

ICC profiles provide a color transform from RGB to XYZ D50.
ICC profiles do not provide colorimetry info in the style of an ISO 22028 color image encoding specification.
These profiles do not do tone mapping, but preserve the headroom.
The relative colorimetric intent, present in all of these profiles, together with the chad tag, provides colorimetric values for each RGB value.
A few of the profiles indicate scene-referred colorimetry.
A few of the profiles indicate nits for graphics white.
A few of the profiles contain the draft CICP tag.

The ICC profile is embedded in the wrapper, not in the codec data (AFAIK).
Besides the ICC profile, there is no colorimetry info in the files.

Lars