Re: Help with HLG profile

On 15-Oct-18 12:06, Simon Thompson-NM wrote:

> We believe that the best solution for HDR graphics would be to have
> the ability to have correct, working ICC profiles embedded in the
> image file (rather than using an incorrect profile with the ICC
> profile name as a key to induce specific behaviour in the decoding
> software, as proposed in the TTML group).

Yes, undoubtedly. And as you say, the question is whether a v4 profile
can be constructed, or whether this really needs ICC Max.

I was very unhappy with the TTML solution, although I did get them to be
clearer about exactly what they were doing (for example, that applying
the embedded profile would give the incorrect result).

--
Chris Lilley
@svgeesus