Re: PQ HDR in PNG - draft review

The TTLML2 gain value seems like a good idea. It is imilar in some sense to
the wording
for how to deal with floats outside of 0-1 in the canvas-color-space
<https://github.com/WICG/canvas-color-space/blob/master/CanvasColorSpaceProposal.md#the-pixelformat-context-creation-attribute>.
However, I think it's confusing
to suggest that sRGB is 80 nits since almost all monitors in use today are
brighter than that. It seems
like the tts:luminanceGain wording would lock legacy elements at 80 nits
(aka "dark and dreary").

Would it be possible to drop the 80 lumens and just say that luminanceGain
= 2 is twice as bright
as the default?

If we really need a way to match how PQ works, it might be better to have
an absoluteLuminance
tag instead.  But personally I would prefer not to deal with absolute
luminance as that is not compatible
with how I use my TV and monitor.

     /Hubbe