Re: Review of the pronunciation specification and user needs from Abi and EA

Lisa,

Thanks for these comments on Pronunciation TF documents. This kind of
review is very much what we were asking for during our APA rechartering
discussions. So, thanks to you for seeing to the work, and to James and
the others in COGA who helped develop the comments.

It would be helpful if we could refine the process for forwarding such
comments a bit. While it's helpful to me and Becky, as APA Chairs, to be
apprised, it's even more important that the comments get to the groups
working on the document's content. I'm saying this because I've noted
Pronunciation is not cc'd on this email.

Did you file github issues as requested in the Status section of these
documents? It would be most helpful to follow the procedures requested
by each W3C publication in the publication's Status section regarding
comments. That way you're not counting on me and Becky noticing the
group doing the work isn't being notified of the requested comments,
which implicitly requires us to forward the work on.

Does this make sense? And, can we please confirm that these comments
where filed in github as requested in the documents?

Thanks again for the good work. Please do keep the reviews coming!

Best,

Janina

--

Janina Sajka