RE: Design pattern question - typography and icon fonts

From: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2019 10:55:45 +0000
To: James A. <A.James@soton.ac.uk>
CC: "public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org" <public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Hi Abi,

On the original topic:
> One issue I would like to address is the use of icons fonts.

This did come up with the Low Vision task force, there was some discussion about including it in the SC that became 'Text spacing', but it didn't quite fit.

There is a technique drafted that would fit under Info & Relationships, which seems to be a better fit:
https://github.com/w3c/wcag/pull/531
Preview: https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/w3c/wcag/blob/tech-icon-font-img-role/techniques/aria/icon-font-img-role.html

We just haven't had anyone who has time to finish it off unfortunately.

Cheers,

-Alastair