Re: Design pattern question - typography and icon fonts

From: Steve Lee <stevelee@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 15:07:18 +0000
To: "James A." <A.James@soton.ac.uk>, public-cognitive-a11y-tf <public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org>
IMHO Icon font's were a temporary hack that has been replaced by better
approaches - Unicode emojis and SVG.

The issues is that screen readers read the apparently random character
code used to represent the icon 9even though inserted via CSS)

EG

https://cloudfour.com/thinks/seriously-dont-use-icon-fonts/

Steve