Re: Design pattern question - typography and icon fonts

IMHO Icon font's were a temporary hack that has been replaced by better
approaches - Unicode emojis and SVG.

The issues is that screen readers read the apparently random character
code used to represent the icon 9even though inserted via CSS)

EG

https://cloudfour.com/thinks/seriously-dont-use-icon-fonts/

Steve