Re: Important - Re: Please provide feedback on the new Charter proposal for our Parent Group

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 09:53:12 -0400
To: Steve Lee <stevelee@w3.org>
Cc: lisa.seeman@zoho.com, public-cognitive-a11y-tf <public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org>, Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
I will resist my temptation to do more than simply note the singularity
in the Subject: of this thread ...

Because I'm responding to underscore the importance of Steve's point. It
is very, very important to promise what you are very confident of
delivering in a W3C Charter. Future viability as a continuing working
group in W3C depends on doing what you said you were going to do,
accomplishing the goals you formally set forth in the Charter--on
delivering the goods.

So, the best rule of thumb, imo, is under promise and over deliver.

So, I also suggest not picking up stones to throw at this time.

Janina

--

Janina Sajka

Linux Foundation Fellow