Re: The Cognitive Accessibility Task Force Teleconference -Thursday 1st March 2018

Minutes for the call:
https://www.w3.org/2018/03/01-coga-minutes.html

As a quick summary:

  *   Our timelines and actions for next publication

A couple of people had looked at the tables, but struggled with the structure & categorisation (so hadn’t filled in the comments page).

There is a huge amounts of information for people to get into, and it would help to understand what they are trying to achieve. Perhaps there is a more effective way? Needs discussion with Lisa.

  *   Understanding sections ,Techniques,  Implementations updates for WCAG 2.1 support

We have three SCs with understanding documents, Mark will review Identify purpose, JohnK will review timeouts.
There is ongoing discussion on 1.3.4, common purpose.

  *   Collecting information on how to work more effectively with WCAG

Alastair catching up on previous issues. Some suggestions:

  *   Before the next major event (CSUN) could we send around a doc or ‘cheet-sheet’ about communicating respectfully.
  *   Recruit some more technical (WCAG) people to bridge communication.

After the call, I thought that it might also help to provide the group a summary of what stage we are in (from a WCAG point of view), and what’s next. Focusing on what can be achieved now, so everyone knows what is relevant at the moment.

Two main actions for this week:

  *   Review of understanding docs (full list<https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Accepted_WCAG_2.1_SC>), actions assigned.
  *   Additions to the COGA-friendly websites doc<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WcfVALVq8PS9CLXUuAfV9Op0wXvI2yJYedj5jO23GTk/edit#heading=h.rgqn5t5157lo>.

Kind regards,

-Alastair

·         Understanding sections ,Techniques,  Implementations updates for WCAG 2.1 support

·         Collecting information on how to work more effectively with WCAG
Let me know if you would like me to add anything else to the agenda

The  teleconference information is at :  Call info for coga<https://www.w3.org/2017/08/telecon-info_coga>

Time:
10 am Eastern Time

5 pm  IST

3 pm UK Time

IRC access
An IRC (Internet Relay Chat) channel will be available during the call. (The server is  irc.w3.org ,The port number is 6665 )
IRC made simple:
IRC is like our chat room. You can join us on IRC simply by clicking on  http://irc.w3.org/?channels=coga

The channel is #coga
You can write any name as a nickname

Now you can chat while we talk.

Resource: For Reference
Home Page: http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/

Work Statement: http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/work-statement

Email Archive: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/

Wiki Main Page: http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Main_Page

* Some helpful Scribing and Participation Tips
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/wiki/Teleconference_cheat_sheet

- For more on W3C use of IRC see:
http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/

LinkedIn<http://il.linkedin.com/in/lisaseeman/>, Twitter<https://twitter.com/SeemanLisa>