Re: resolution from today's call

Apologies for not making today's call. I looked at the meeting minutes and
I don't see any detailed information on what was discussed regarding
"sensitive topics and emotional disabilities". What sensitive topics are
you referring to?  It seems to me that this would be a scope expansion from
what this task force was given to do in the first place - cognitive and
learning disabilities. I think a better use of our time is to try to help
usher in, improve, and address any issues raised on the SC we have already
proposed for WCAG 2.1, which is on a very short timeline.

In addition, I have to address the practicality of so many new
requirements.  It is hard for me to imagine products being able to
implement everything already proposed through all of the task forces as
additions to be in WCAG 2.1. When I think of WCAG as being something taken
up by policy makers as requirements, there will be an enormous list of
requirements to meet - at an ever increasing cost to understand the
requirement, implement and test it.

Best regards,

Mary Jo

                    Mary Jo
                    Mueller
                    Accessibility
                    Standards
                    Program
                    Manager
                    IBM
                    Accessibility,
                    IBM Research,
                    Austin, TX
                    Phone:
                    512-286-9698 |
                    Tie-line:
                    363-9698
                    Search for
                    accessibility
                    answers

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and
become more, you are a leader."
~John Quincy Adams