From: EA Draffan [mailto:ead@ecs.soton.ac.uk]
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2017 4:25 PM
To: John Foliot <john.foliot@deque.com>; Michael Gower <michael.gower@ca.ibm.com>
Cc: lisa.seeman <lisa.seeman@zoho.com>; Gregg C Vanderheiden <greggvan@umd.edu>; public-cognitive-a11y-tf <public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org>; GLWAI Guidelines WG org <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: RE: proposed change for simple words in labels etc.

I think the idea of an easy-to-read or coga-easylang tag is the best option as there are many languages that do not have large word frequency lists and they are all very dependent on the era in which they were collected and the setting as Gregg suggested.  But simple words in "instructions, labels, navigational elements, and error messages which require a response to continue", would help us all!

Best wishes
E.A.

Mrs E.A. Draffan
WAIS, ECS , University of Southampton