RE: Timed Events SC For Review

Much better. I still think that “available for each stage of the task” is a little unclear.

Mike

From: lisa.seeman [mailto:lisa.seeman@zoho.com]
Sent: 26 September 2016 16:56
To: Michael Pluke <Mike.Pluke@castle-consult.com>
Cc: Thad C <inclusivethinking@gmail.com>; public-cognitive-a11y-tf <public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Subject: RE: Timed Events SC For Review

Thanks Mike, really good feedback
How about

1.    -as the default, or
2.    -via a standardized system setting (for example, the user can choose an option that disables the storage of data) or
3.    -via an option to set a user preference that is  available from each stage of the task.@@

LinkedIn<http://il.linkedin.com/in/lisaseeman/>, Twitter<https://twitter.com/SeemanLisa>

---- On Mon, 26 Sep 2016 18:51:17 +0300 Michael Pluke<Mike.Pluke@castle-consult.com> wrote ----
Hi

There is just one part that doesn’t seem to read correctly to me. This is:

@@No loss of data: The user can easily return to the same point in a task, without data loss, for a period of at least a week:
1.    -as the default
2.    -via a standardized system setting (for example, the user can choose an option that disables the storage of data)
3.    -option to set a user preference that has a conformant interface and is directly available at each stage of the task.@@

I think my problem is in understanding how the part before the colon links to the three bulleted items that follow. Normally I would expect that I could take the first part and then add either of the bulleted items and make a coherent sentence – but I can’t.

The “as the default” makes total sense – by default I can always come back to the same point in the task and all my entered data will still be there.

The “via standardized …” is a little less clear. I can see that there might be a setting that says, by default, I can come back without data loss but that I could set that setting to say that I don’t want data stored – which would prevent me from coming back in a week and having the data I entered still there. However, if I chose configure things this way then the “without data loss” does NOT apply.

I am lost on the third option – don’t understand it at all.

Best regards

Mike