RE: Key actions for this month

Hi Lisa and All,

The following is a recommendation under “Use a clear writing style”:

·     “Checking Readability (COGA Techniques 2.5.5)”

We should think about defining “readability”.

The statement “Minimize the cognitive skills required to use the content when there is a known alternative” implies consistency across websites / apps / interfaces. That’s something we should promote, but we can’t assume it exists.

Under “Examples in security:”, “face book” is listed. It’s my impression from Andrew Kirkpatrick that the W3C practice is not to make such references.

I wonder if the voice systems section is outside our purview. I think Janina has raised that point before. For example, the statement “It is avoidable by having 0 as a reserved digit to access a human operator and by using best practices.” As I understand it, it does not refer to web or Voice XML, but to a telephone system.

By “Under WCAG 3.2 Make Web pages appear and operate in predictable ways.”, are we implying that predictability is determined by consistency within the website, or is determined by some consistency across (many) websites?

I think that’s enough feedback for now. Thank you, Lisa, for your work on this.

John

John Rochford<http://profiles.umassmed.edu/profiles/display/132901>
UMass Medical School/E.K. Shriver Center
Director, INDEX Program
Instructor, Family Medicine & Community Health
www.DisabilityInfo.org
Twitter: @ClearHelper<https://twitter.com/clearhelper>
[Facebook Button]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-England-INDEXShriver-CenterUMass-Medical-School/227064920160>[Twitter Button]<https://twitter.com/NEINDEX> [WordPress Logo] <http://www.disabilityinfo.org/blog/>