RE: Needed urgent review ....Fwd: Cognitive Section in the MAUR

From: Deborah Dahl <dahl@conversational-technologies.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 13:53:16 -0500
To: "'lisa.seeman'" <lisa.seeman@zoho.com>, "'public-cognitive-a11y-tf'" <public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org>
The point E. A. made about “enough time” in the Aphasia Techniques could be applicable to media accessibility. People with cognitive disabilities may need more time to process the content of video and audio, so it should be easy for the user to control the rate of presentation, at least to pause and go back. For spoken audio, it may also be useful to be able to slow down the audio (preserving the original pitch). Making it easy to control the rate of presentation also suggests that media UI’s that hide controls unless the user presses a certain key or performs a specific touchscreen gesture may cause problems for users with cognitive disabilities.