W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org > November 2014

Minutes from call on 2014/11/03

From: Susann Keohane <skeohane@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 12:09:51 -0600
To: "public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org" <public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Message-ID: <OFA09F9995.33F2797E-ON85257D85.006398A3-86257D85.0063C797@us.ibm.com>
http://www.w3.org/2014/11/03-coga-minutes.html


- DRAFT -
SV_MEETING_TITLE
03 Nov 2014
See also: IRC log
Attendees
Present
Regrets
Kinshuk, Deborah_Dahl
Chair
SV_MEETING_CHAIR
Scribe
ZakimName, Susann_Keohane
Contents
Topics 
1.      review of agenda, new items
2.      review of actions - including identifying user strategies and 
cognitive function table
3.      review resolutions from last week on schedules and resolutions 
process
4.      review/ approve new content for working draft
5.      assign todo actions for next steps
Summary of Action Items

<Lisa_Seeman> agenda: this
<Lisa_Seeman> scribe: ZakimName
review of agenda, new items
<Lisa_Seeman> scribe Susann_Keohane
<Lisa_Seeman> scribe: Susann_Keohane
Chaohai: introduced himself
LS: lead the round the table introductions
... Tony started to draft dyslexic techniques
SK: Need to ensure the content references are marked
... Request Neil review content he added to ensure it's referenced 
appropiately
<Lisa_Seeman> action neil to check there are no todo items to add to the 
add section
<trackbot> Created ACTION-60 - Check there are no todo items to add to the 
add section [on Neil Milliken - due 2014-11-10].
review of actions - including identifying user strategies and cognitive 
function table
LS: we made two important resolutions in last call
... sent new content for the working draft
LS
LS: may want to discuss the easy read techniques
... we need to assign to-do actions for next steps which is techniques
... we also have UAG to respond to as we are late responding
review resolutions from last week on schedules and resolutions process
<neilmilliken> fine with me too
me too
LS: schedules and resolution was sent to the list
... important resolution has 48hr warning and gets sent to the list
... small resolutions can get handled on this call
... some folks may prefer 3 days because of country holidays
... 48hr may seem short for some
... If a resolution gets sent during a holiday and there is a request to 
re-open the issue then the request will be granted
<JohnRochford> +1 for 48-hour resolution
LS: open to any one who has an opinion on the 48hr resolution
<Lisa_Seeman> 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2014Oct/0040.html
LS: this resolution has been passed
<Tony_Doran> IIRC it was recorded when I was last scribe.
<Lisa_Seeman> resolution : 48 hours for big issues to be passed on the 
liist. small issues can be passed on the calls
<Lisa_Seeman> resolution: 48 hours for big issues to be passed on the 
liist. small issues can be passed on the calls
<Lisa_Seeman> Schedule for the first working draft on the user groups 
research (what we already have done) .
<Lisa_Seeman> Content finished: 27th October (This will include a new 
introduction and the cognitive-functions table )
LS: schedule is the next item to discuss
<Lisa_Seeman> Review changes: 10th November (object in 48 hours and record 
a resolution)
<Lisa_Seeman> Send to the working groups: 17th November
<Lisa_Seeman> Publish December: 4 or 11th.
<Lisa_Seeman> Schedule for the first editors draft on the Gap Analysis
<Lisa_Seeman> Putting together a first draft of techniques on the wiki: 
24th November
<Lisa_Seeman> Putting together a first draft of key issue papers about 
specific areas that need special consideration, such as, security and 
capture (draft by John), online payments, providing help, interruptions, 
interoperable symbols: 24th November
<Lisa_Seeman> First editors draft of Gap Analysis on key use cases and 
introduction: 15th December
LS: 2 things we are working on (1) working draft of the user group work to 
be sent out for review
<JohnRochford> +q
LS: Nov 10th is the date targetted
... (2) rest of the task force to be looking at gap analysis
... need to be gathering information for techniques
... pulled together techniques and link to the known techniques we have 
already
... start drafting key issues paper
... Lisa and John have an initial draft of key issues
John: I have offered to edit the gap analysis
... editor would ensure the spelling and sentence structure is correct and 
the content is logical
LS: editor in W3C are the people who are writing it into github and 
writing the introduction
... we are looking for pro-reader to review the documents
<Lisa_Seeman> ACTION: John Rochford to proof read user group, new content 
sections [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2014/11/03-coga-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> 'John' is an ambiguous username. Please try a different 
identifier, such as family name or username (e.g., jfoliot, JohnRochford).
<Lisa_Seeman> ACTION: JohnRochford to proof read user group, new content 
sections [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2014/11/03-coga-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-61 - Proof read user group, new content sections 
[on John Rochford - due 2014-11-10].
<Lisa_Seeman> 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2014Nov/att-0010/user-research.htmlv
<richardschwerdtfeger> corrected link: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2014Nov/att-0010/user-research.html
LS: Please review the introduction in the link above
... should the gap analysis be included?
... section on research of cognitive functions, methodology may be better 
at the end of the document
Rich: will there be a glossary at the end for the term that folks may not 
recognize?
... this will be needed if it goes to a wide audience who may not know the 
different terms used
<Lisa_Seeman> glossary
Rich: may fall under a WAI glossary
... there is one for ARIA but not sure if it is shared across groups
... defining these medical terms will be a good thing to do
LS: the terms are discussed in the section, where would be link to? to the 
glossary?
John: is there a link to a glossary that Rich can share?
<Tim> not just definition but its source
LS: glossary would say dyslexia is <add definition> then point to where it 
is discussed in more detail
<Lisa_Seeman> ACTION: Rich to find out how glossary is pulled in [recorded 
in http://www.w3.org/2014/11/03-coga-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-62 - Find out how glossary is pulled in [on 
Richard Schwerdtfeger - due 2014-11-10].
LS: someone who is interested in building the glossary may be KC
... can we have a to-do box for the glossary to be added
... or does this need to go out with the draft?
Janina: it is not needed for the draft but it would be useful to have one
LS: is there a coordination call where this can be discussed?
Janina: we do have one next week
RESOLUTION: make a glossary to link where issues/terms are discussed and 
defined
review/ approve new content for working draft
<Lisa_Seeman> 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2014Nov/att-0010/user-research.html
<Lisa_Seeman> 
https://w3c.github.io/wcag/coga/gap-analysis.html#research-on-user-groups
LS: the link above, we want to get to a first working draft
... research on user groups
... we need abstract, introduction
... scripts are causing a numbering issue that needs to be resolved
... we also need a summary
... potential for inclusion is also in for now
... at the end of document the discussion on the different cognitive 
function and methodology should be added
John: note that much of content would be out of scope for the task force
... why would this be included?
LS: should we review this offline?
Rich: is there something we can do with formatting?
LS: review specifically if content should be included or not
... not so much the formatting issues
<JohnRochford> LS: Response to John's question about including 
out-of-scope content is that it is background information
Tim: what kind of document is this? Reccomendation?
LS: it's a research document
... pulled together information from each user group into a table
... Please send comments sent to the list
... To-do for this group is to review the working draft and send comments 
to the list unless is purely editorial then send to Lisa or Michael
assign todo actions for next steps
LS: review substantive issues as there are known issues with the scripts 
and formatting
... need help with gathering the techniques of different user groups
... look at the techniques that help for the techniques page
... the other is the issues paper
... John is doing one on security and Lisa on alt-text
Tim: is there a list of what issues paper that need to be written
LS: online payment, providing help, security/captcha, voice systems/xml 
voice menu system that are becoming Web technology
... another is voiceML
... request for volunteer for an issue paper
replace alt-txt above with help system
LS: Susann volunteer to pull techniques from Aging
<Tony_Doran> Need to drop off - Bye
Tim: will look at list and pick an issues paper
<Lisa_Seeman> ACTION: Susann_Keohane to add techniques from aging subgroup 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/11/03-coga-minutes.html#action04]
<trackbot> Error finding 'Susann_Keohane'. You can review and register 
nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/users>.
<Lisa_Seeman> ACTION: SusannKeohane to add techniques from aging subgroup 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/11/03-coga-minutes.html#action05]
<trackbot> Error finding 'SusannKeohane'. You can review and register 
nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/users>.
<Lisa_Seeman> ACTION: SusannKeoh to add techniques from aging subgroup 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/11/03-coga-minutes.html#action06]
<trackbot> Error finding 'SusannKeoh'. You can review and register 
nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/users>.
ction: Susann_Keohane to add techniques from aging subgroup
<Lisa_Seeman> ACTION: Tim to write issue paper [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2014/11/03-coga-minutes.html#action07]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-63 - Write issue paper [on Frederick Boland - 
due 2014-11-10].
<scribe> ACTION: Susann_Keohane to add techniques from aging subgroup 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/11/03-coga-minutes.html#action08]
<trackbot> Error finding 'Susann_Keohane'. You can review and register 
nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/users>.
<scribe> ACTION: Susann Keohane to add techniques from aging subgroup 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/11/03-coga-minutes.html#action09]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-64 - Keohane to add techniques from aging 
subgroup [on Susann Keohane - due 2014-11-10].
Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: John Rochford to proof read user group, new content sections 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/11/03-coga-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: JohnRochford to proof read user group, new content sections 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/11/03-coga-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Rich to find out how glossary is pulled in [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2014/11/03-coga-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: Susann Keohane to add techniques from aging subgroup 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/11/03-coga-minutes.html#action09]
[NEW] ACTION: Susann_Keohane to add techniques from aging subgroup 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/11/03-coga-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: Susann_Keohane to add techniques from aging subgroup 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/11/03-coga-minutes.html#action08]
[NEW] ACTION: SusannKeoh to add techniques from aging subgroup [recorded 
in http://www.w3.org/2014/11/03-coga-minutes.html#action06]
[NEW] ACTION: SusannKeohane to add techniques from aging subgroup 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/11/03-coga-minutes.html#action05]
[NEW] ACTION: Tim to write issue paper [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2014/11/03-coga-minutes.html#action07]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-11-03 18:05:36 $ 

Scribe.perl diagnostic output
[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11 
Check for newer version at 
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: ZakimName
Found Scribe: Susann_Keohane
Inferring ScribeNick: Susann_Keohane
Scribes: ZakimName, Susann_Keohane

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: Barry Chaohai Chaohai_Ding DebraRue IPcaller John 
JohnRochford KateDeibel LS Lisa_Seeman P13 P2 P3 Rich Rich_Schwerdtfeger 
SK Susann_Keohane Tim Tim_Boland Tony_Doran aaaa aabb ction https inserted 
janina janina_ neilmilliken richardschwerdtfeger slee trackbot
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Regrets: Kinshuk Deborah_Dahl

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting


WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Got date from IRC log name: 03 Nov 2014
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2014/11/03-coga-minutes.html
People with action items: john johnrochford keohane rich rochford susann 
susann_keohane susannkeoh susannkeohane tim

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.



[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output] 





Susann Keohane
Lead Technical Accessibility Consultant
IBM Research Master Inventor | Member of IAAP 

Tel: 720-395-5221
E-mail: skeohane@us.ibm.com 


 


















picture
(image/gif attachment: 01-part)

picture
(image/jpeg attachment: 02-part)

picture
(image/gif attachment: 03-part)

picture
(image/gif attachment: 04-part)

picture
(image/gif attachment: 05-part)

picture
(image/gif attachment: 06-part)

Received on Monday, 3 November 2014 18:10:26 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:23:50 UTC