RE: what are the brain functions

Ok I think I see the problem, I was coping over Cross-modal Association to sign language section and edited it in the literacy section - good call!

Athena ICT Accessibility Projects
LinkedIn, Twitter

---- On Fri, 30 May 2014 14:08:15 +0300 lisa.seeman<lisa.seeman@zoho.com> wrote ----

Hi EA,

Thanks for the review

I think I have called  grapheme-phoneme correspondence (GPC) --  Cross-modal Association: Association of sign and concept which I put under litarcy

This is exactly why I thought we needed this so we can use the  terms. I will add grapheme-phoneme correspondence (GPC) as an alternive way of saying Cross-modal Association

I will also add your info on Broca's area (mainly because it is so interesting...)

All the best and thanks again

Lisa

I just noticed that there was no "grapheme-phoneme correspondence (GPC) —

the relationship between sounds and the letters which represent those sounds; also known as 'letter-sound correspondences'" which is something we often talk about when discussing dyslexia but I may have missed the fact that is included within other terms. http://www.literacytrust.org.uk/resources/practical_resources_info/1032_phonics_glossary

Just another thought... I learnt that Broca's area was mainly in the left temporal lobe rather than being categorised as part of the occipital lobe http://memory.ucsf.edu/brain/language/disorders but obviously the experts on MD health have other ideas!!!! We may also have to include other aspects of what is linked to Broca's area http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2703472/ but perhaps we then go into the realms of giving too much information.

I found this image of the brain and a rather interesting take on the whole idea of how the systems work http://www.beneaththecover.com/2007/10/31/surprising-broca/ - not for W3C but just for a small digression!

Best wishes
E.A.

Mrs E.A. Draffan
WAIS, ECS , University of Southampton