Re: Weekly call slot and agenda.

Hi Paola,

This coming Monday’s call will introduce chunks and rules in a practical way, as a precursor to a subsequent meeting on reviewing the formal spec as a proposed CG Report.

In respect to knowledge representation, I can envisage a meeting that reviews the relationship between chunks, frames, property graphs and RDF triples. We could also take a look at different kinds of rule languages and their implications.  From a philosophical perspective we could look at relativism and non-reductionist approaches to semantics, and the contrast with formal semantics and deductive logic. We could indeed take a look at approaches that simulate pulsed neural networks, both in software, e.g. Chris Eliasmith’s work at the University of Waterloo, and Intel’s neuromorphic chips and associated research such as the link you cited.

Best regards,
Dave