Re: Merging zh and en versions of clreq (urgent)

On 06/07/2015 18:52, Richard Ishida wrote:
> it's currently a little more difficult to manage translation across two
> (and soon more) documents than i think it should be.  We also need to
> find an easy way to keep the markup in synch across versions, and ensure
> that all content is available (whether translated or not) in each
> version of the document.
>
> to eliminate many of the difficulties involved, i'd like to merge the
> current zh and en versions of the document into one.

this is now done, see http://w3c.github.io/clreq/

i added a quick hack in javascript to enable you to hide the Chinese or
English – it will need to be done properly or removed at some point.

Xiaoqian, could you please check for correct alignment throughout? Thanks!

note that:

[1] all edits should now be done on the version at
http://w3c.github.io/clreq/.  We should point
http://w3c.github.io/clreq/zh/ to that uri.

[2] new chinese text additions should use data-lang="zh" from now on.

[3] i also added a mechanism to indicate when the chinese text has been
altered to the point where the translation is affected, or new chinese
(or english, for that matter) text has been added. Just add
class="translateme" to the text which is changed/new. It will be
highlighted with a yellow background. Once the translation has been
fixed, the class can be removed.  This should make it much easier to
keep the two language versions up to date.

in fact, as i worked on it, it became really clear that having both
languages in the same document is going to be a major help in managing
things. That's why i did it sooner than expected.

i will now try to find closure for the github issues related to
translation. If we can close those out, and translate the remaining
sections and paragraphs that need it, we will be at the point where we
can finally publish a FPWD.

cheers,
ri

PS: Chunming, i'll add to the tibetan layout requs so that they follow
the same model.