"waking up an app" Re: Kick starting the Web App UX debate

On Fri, 03 May 2013 21:16:21 +0200, Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com> wrote:

> On Friday, May 3, 2013 at 4:26 AM, Scott Jenson wrote:

>> 4. Web apps need to exist outside of the browser user experience (e.g.
>> running an app from an NFC launch event)...
>
> The sysapps' "system messages" are trying to address this case
> (currently poorly specified):
> http://runtime.sysapps.org/#system-messages
>
> Are supposed to wake up an app on an event (like NFC).

The Push API being worked on in the Web Apps working group is explicitly
designed to deal with this. Hopefully the Web Apps group and the System
Apps group can talk to each other and sort out whether we need to specify
two versions of the same thing before we even get one interoperably
implemented.

https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/push/raw-file/default/index.html

cheers

Chaals