Re: Summary of discussions so far

Isn't what you are asking for what the System Applications WG [1] is doing?

That's for standalone (not in a Web Browser) native like apps that use
web technologies.  They would have a different security model and access
to additional APIs that are not available in Web Browsers.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2012/sysapps/