From: Mike Gifford <mike.gifford@civicactions.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2023 10:18 PM
To: public-civics@w3.org <public-civics@w3.org>; Adam Sobieski <adamsobieski@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Large Language Models, Visualizations, and Infographics

Thanks for the update Adam,

Seems like an interesting project. Where was it announced that it was going to be open sourced? I wonder what license they plan to use, or for that matter when they plan to release the code.  Curious what it would need to run (aside from a device running python).

It definitely seems like it could be a pretty powerful tool. Was interesting watching that video.

Would be fascinating to see the accessibility work that they show get factored into a dynamic, accessible SVG file. Could very much solve a problem about how to provide accessible, dynamic data visualizations.

Still, how do we avoid the "lies, damn, lies & statistics”. Given that most folks accessing this will not have a background in statistics.  Will this just propagate more compelling stories (that aren’t based on fact).

So how would this potentially plug into an open data set like DKAN or CKAN? How would you see the data there being exposed to users?

Mike

Mike Gifford, Senior Strategist, CivicActions
Drupal Core Accessibility Maintainer
https://civicactions.com<https://civicactions.com/>    |  https://accessibility.civicactions.com
http://twitter.com/mgifford |  http://linkedin.com/in/mgifford