RE: minutes from today

From: E.A.Moore <e.a.moore@open.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 19:34:21 +0000
To: "kerscher@montana.com" <kerscher@montana.com>, 'Chemistry CG' <public-chem-web-pub@w3.org>
This is what T& F said about the e-book

Only e-inspection can be requested via the website currently. They are provided via vitalsource bookshelf https://www.vitalsource.com/bookshelf-features  (which most
publishers use and has slightly more functionality than a PDF).

Anyone know anything about VitalSource?

My comments were
I noticed the screen reader just passed over the figures. On VitalSources web page, it says if figure descriptions are provided, they appear next to the figure. Was I supposed to supply figure descriptions? Also the screen reader left out chemical formulas inserted inline in the text and minus signs.. I think this is because they were put in using Word symbol or equation editor.

The book website is

https://www.routledge.com/Solid-State-Chemistry-An-Introduction/Moore-Smart/p/book/9780367135720

Elaine