Re: Fwd: A sort of synthesis

+1 George. This is a very important part of interoperability since there
are so many "XML editors". As you know, many companies have groups using
several tools on one content set.

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 10:12 AM, George Cristian Bina <george@oxygenxml.com
> wrote:

> Just a comment on this:
>

> On 2/28/13 4:40 PM, Claudius Teodorescu wrote:
>
>> 4. rendering of changes, by using a light syntax (PIs, for instance);
>> such syntax is to be used for rendering only, thus not over-loading the
>> XML document itself;
>>

> In oXygen's case, and I guess also in other XML tools, the PIs are not a
> syntax for rendering the changes, it is only a serialization format. Once
> the document is loaded the PIs are removed from the document and kept in an
> in-memory structure that is modified by the user actions and then when the
> document is saved the new current change tracking structure is serialized
> as PIs.
> There should not me a main issue if changes are stored out of band, in an
> external storage and loaded from there. However, having them separate from
> the document may easily result in inconsistent information. The main
> advantage with having them serialized directly in the document is that if
> some additional changes are performed with a tool that does not record
> changes on that document then the PIs will move as well so they will stay
> next to the content they mark as modified.
>
> Best Regards,
> George
> --
> George Cristian Bina
> http://www.oxygenxml.com

Casey Jordan
easyDITA a product of Jorsek LLC
"CaseyDJordan" on LinkedIn, Twitter & Facebook
(585) 348 7399
easydita.com

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please be advised that any disclosure  copying, distribution, or use of
the information contained herein is prohibited.  If you have received
this communication in error, please destroy all copies of the message,
whether in electronic or hard copy format, as well as attachments, and
immediately contact the sender by replying to this e-mail or by phone.
Thank you.