Re: comments on WICD Mobile DOM section

Hey Anne,

I have responded to your 3rd and 4th comments below.  Please respond
within two weeks if you do not agree with our responses.

Regards,
Steve Speicher
On Behalf of the CDF WG

"Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com> wrote on 01/31/2007 01:35:38 PM:
> On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 19:09:53 +0100, Svante Schubert
> <Svante.Schubert@Sun.COM> wrote:
> >> These are some last call comments regarding
> >> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-WICDMobile-20061122/#dom ...

...snip first 2 comments...

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#event-handler-attributes

> >> contains language that goes into direction of the detail you would
need
> >> in order to implement such features.
> >
> > What would be your suggestion of wording?
>
> The wording of the document I referenced would be fine with me.

The W3C does not copy text from other documents due to intellectual
property and copyright issues.

This should simply use EventTarget as suggested, as defined by DOM Level 3
Events.

We do not plan to make any changes regarding this issue.

> >> What section 3.6.12 is trying to say is not clear to me either. Is it

> >> an informative section?
> >
> > What these two sections 3.6.11 & 3.6.12 say is that the event
attributes
> > in XHTML or SVG (like onload, onmouseup etc..) map to the registration

> > of an even listener for a specific DOM Level 3 event. Section 3.6.11
> > gives the mapping for XHTML and 3.6.12 gives the mapping for SVG. For
> > example, we should be able to test that if we dispatch a 'mousedown'
> > event, the listener contained in a 'onmousedown' attribute is invoked
> > during the proper phase (bubble).
>
> I meant that we already normatively reference SVG. As such, I'm
wondering
> what section 3.6.12 is for. If it's just to clarify how this works for
> SVG, the section should probably be clearly marked non-normative.

As part of CDRF "2.2.2 Event-Related Markup" [1] it states that profiles
must define their mapping to DOM Level 3 Events.  As SVG does already
provide this, it is important to highlight it.  We will not be making any
changes based on this comment.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/CDR/#events

ACTION-582