Re: CDF comments

Hello public-cdf,

<Oskari.Koskimies@nokia.com> wrote:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cdf/2006Jan/0082.html

> WICD Core:
>
> 9.2 and 9.2.1 Timeline initilization nd interaction with the "render"
> param
>
> Does this also cover other animated content such as GIF, Flash, etc.?

It could, in some other profile. WICD Core does not require support of
those other media, though.

> It
> is questionable if this is CDF issue or if it should be handled by some
> other group like SYMM or SVG.

Its not clear how SYMM or SVG could help define how XHTML links to SVG
and controls the execution of animation. It does seem very much to be in
the core chartered scope of CDF.

> A general comment on params: Personaly I do not like the use of params,
> because they can only be used with object tag, but not with any other
> refencing tags like img, frame etc. So I would like to get rid of all
> features that use param (still image rendering and focus based

We agree that img, iframe and so on have less expressive power than
object. This is why CDF WG selected the object element as the basis for
integration - because it has fallback, and because it allows information
to be passed across the interface.

It does not seem to follow, therefore,that this expressive power should
not be used.

Please let us know within two weeks if this response does not answer
your comment.

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead