Re: [WICD] focus event triggered animations

On Thursday, November 9, 2006, 10:50:25 AM, Anne wrote:

AvK> On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 19:26:49 +0100, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org> wrote:
>> There are no extensions to the param element, although the param element
>> is indeed used in other sections.

AvK> Ah, right. I suppose they're extensions to SVG in some way.

No, they are just a regular xhtml element and its two regular old attribute values.

>> Please review the current specification, which we believe already has
>> the normative wording you request. Specifically, it says:

>> With the "animation" parameter set to "onfocusevent",

>>     * the child content must render the first frame for time zero (0).

>>     * If the root element does not have focus, then the root element
>>       must then be paused at time zero(0).

>>     * Upon receiving focus, the root element is resumed.

>>     * Upon losing focus, the root element is paused.

>> After discussion, 'is' will be replaced by 'shall be' in the third and
>> fourth bullets.

AvK> I thought <object> would get focus

If that were the case, the child document would still not have focus and thus, the animations would not trigger.

AvK> and not
AvK> <object>.contentDocument.documentElement. Why's that? I don't really
AvK> understand how this would work.

See above.

>> Please let us know within two weeks if this revised wording does not
>> satisfy your comment.

AvK> See above.

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group