Re: CDR Framework: Last Call Comments

* Steve K Speicher wrote:
>In the case of our WICD profiles: mobile and full, full is a super-set
>of mobile.  If full content were provided to a mobile profile only
>capable device, then the mobile device would rely on user agent
>conformance for handling unknown content.  Given that this fallback
>behaviour would be XHTML fallback behaviour - "If a user agent
>encounters an element it does not recognize, it must process the
>element's content"[1] - we expect that much (though admitedly, not
>all) full XHTML 1.0 content will be usable (though not perfectly
>rendered, of course) by a typical end user.
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#uaconf

http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xhtml-modularization-20010410 seems to
have clearer text, "If a user agent encounters an element it does not
recognize, it must continue to process the children of that element.
If the content is text, the text must be presented to the user." While
this text is not entirely clear to me, it seems that in case of e.g.

or

  <script ...>
  </script>

the style sheet or script "must be presented to the user". It is not
clear to me how this would result in usable results. My homepage would
be entirely unusable, for example.