Re: WICD Full should support XHTML Modularisation 1.1

My understanding of the WICD 'stack' is that whilst the lower levels
are intended to be 'general' (and so not necessarily bound to XHTML)
the WICD Full draft explicitly says that the document must be at root
an XHTML 1.1 document. Given this, then it might as well leverage the
XHTML Modularisation 1.1 architecture. We have XML Schema schemas that
are compatible with XHTML M12N for XForms and a few other things (SVG
and RDFa, for example) so it would be quite straightforward to define
WICD Full in this way. (Someone with better SVG knowledge than me
would probably want to do something with my SVG schemas though.)

Obviously the spec should not say that XML Schema is the only way to
validate compound documents, but given that there is an architecture
in place at the W3C to do exactly this then it would be good to
explain to people how to make use of it to validate WICD Full.

A 'profile' would therefore be a combination of the core XHTML M12N
driver files, plus schemas for whatever additional languages are
included. Anyone producing a language that could be used by CDF would
also then have guidelines on how to produce their schemas so that they
could be incorporated, so making it a 'framework'.

--
Mark Birbeck
CEO

e: Mark.Birbeck@x-port.net