Re: hit regions Firefox support update

> On Feb 19, 2014, at 1:05 PM, Dominic Mazzoni <dmazzoni@google.com> wrote:
>
> What about a non-focusable element that can still get click events that a magnifier might still want to know the bounds of?

Are you thinking of elements in a shadow DOM -- from the web components work? I've not worked in that area, but I am wondering about it.

As an aside: I've had some success in these conversations in calling things pointer events and keyboard events.

You're talking about pointer events and virtual focus... We absolutely have those use cases -- simply consider: <canvas><h1>I am text!</h1></canvas>

I don't need to listen to click events but I may want to let the user on mobile safari use their touch interface; I may want their rotator to work, scrolling that h1 into view as they go through virtual focus.

This particular use was controversial in 2011, I don't think it's such an alarming example, now.

-Charles