Re: hit regions Firefox support update

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 8:33 AM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Feb 2014, Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote:
> >
> > One concern I have about the current hit region spec--
>
> Could we _please_ keep discussion of the hit region stuff to the WHATWG
> list? It's bad enough that the focus discussion happened over here and
> thus caused a forking of the specs and a huge confusion for authors and
> delayed implementations and so on.

The WHATWG spec forked focus rings after 3 browser vendors and the a11y
people had consensus on drawFocusIfNeeded and there were 2 implementations.
That gave some people cold feet and we had to start over.

IMO the approach with drawFocusIfNeeded is still very sensible, especially
now that I implemented part of the hit region spec.

> Let's not make the same mistake again
> with addHitRegion().
>
> If you want to discuss it, please discuss it where it was designed, so
> that we don't have multiple forks again.

We have the same and additional people on this mailing list as well as a
weekly meeting that is scribed so it makes sense to keep it here.
The Whatwg list can be included but you have objected to cross-posting in
the past.