Re: hit testing and retained graphics

From: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 06:51:50 -0700
To: paniz alipour <alipourpaniz@gmail.com>
CC: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>, cyns@exchange.microsoft.com, david.bolter@gmail.com, franko@microsoft.com, Mike@w3.org, public-canvas-api@w3.org, public-html@w3.org, public-html-a11y@w3.org
Paniz,

Along with my team, I've implemented all of these widget types in Canvas.
They can be marked up with form elements or with general html elements
and WAI-ARIA roles in the shadow dom.

There is an issue, however: currently, ATs are not made aware of the
bounding
rectangles of such elements until/unless the element is in focus.

Other than that, they work the same as other widgets, and supply the same
information to the OS.

-Charles