Re: hit testing and retained graphics

On 7/1/2011 12:15 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> (Imo, we should continue to make it difficult to do full-featured text
> and UI in canvas, so that it stays painful.  Then we can make it less
> painful to do things the right way, and natural incentives will help
> people make the right choice.)

IMO, if your strategy includes actively or passively creating or maintaining
"painful" situations for developers, you are doing it wrong.

If you have something to back that stance up, share it here. I'm not for
DRM, I'm not for obfuscation,
nor am I for over-specification. But -- if you want to put those forward
as an argument, I will keep
an open mind, as I do understand there are a business needs for each.

-Charles