Re: Working Notes: 2011-01-23 Canvas Accessibility Working Group

To reduce some of the confusion I caused (sorry about that):

Microsoft enabled audio interfaces by supporting the Canvas shadow dom,
and following WAI-ARIA 7.3:
"provide support for the author to make all interactive elements
focusable, that is, any renderable or event-receiving elements"
http://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria/host_languages

The drawFocusRing was the "stalking horse" that motivated support.
As Richard has pointed out, it is likely not sufficient for screen
magnifiers.

Gecko and WebKit developers are aware of the importance of the
shadow-dom and WAI-ARIA 7.3;
and I'm looking forward to seeing them catch up.

Hopefully, we'll have consensus about setCaretSelectionRect by that
time, and have a working example
of screen magnifiers interacting with the data.

-Charles