Re: Working Notes: 2011-01-23 Canvas Accessibility Working Group

Agreed there; I was only referring to focus in relation to JAWS, not
magnification.
With ARIA, drawFocusRing, and CSS semantics, I think there's decent
support for auditory user interfaces.

As you've pointed out: setCaretSelectionRect is intended to 'extend'
support to screen magnifiers,
as drawFocusRing alone is insufficient for more complex interactive
elements.
[more complex than a checkbox].

This library seems intended to follow a11y specs as they're exposed:
http://code.google.com/p/google-axsjax/
http://code.google.com/p/google-axsjax/wiki/Showcase