Re: hit testing and retained graphics

Rich,

I've looked at supporting SVG in the Canvas shadow DOM.
Unfortunately, SVG and HTML forms are not tightly integrated.

These two markup examples were seen as undesirable by SVG developers:
Example 1:
<svg><path d="M...z" aria-owns="input" /><foreignObject
id="input"><input /></foreignObject></svg>
Example 2:
<input aria-path="M...z" />

There are three audiences for this API:
1. Canvas developers -want- an API for managed mouse events.
2. Existing accessibility APIs, mainly, -need- a means to run
ObjectFromPoint. They -may- want a list of bounding rectangles as well.
3. Some AT devices -need- path information for all interactive objects.

I've tried to find an acceptable solution for vendors, svg developers
and canvas developers.
No luck so far.

-Charles