Re: Normative Dependency and the Seven Drafts

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 09:47:07 +0200, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> wrote:
>> On Aug 18, 2009, at 08:55 , Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>>>
>>> I think it would be awesome if someone would take the effort to split
>>> Window, origin, storage mutex, event loop, navigation, page loading,
>>> etc. out.
>>
>> Admittedly I haven't looked closely enough, but I thought that a bunch
>> of existing documents were generated from the same source. Assuming
>> that would be the right way to do it, what sort of effort would be
>> involved in producing another generated document?
>
> The things that have been splitted out so far are fairly standalone.
> That is not the case for the things mentioned above. Then again, it has
> not been tried, so no idea.

The primary consequence of that is that the majority of those specs
would have heavy cross-dependencies, and without having any automated
way to have cross-document cross-references, that would become hard to
follow.

--
Geoffrey Sneddon — Opera Software
<http://gsnedders.com/>