Re: WebDriver Test Suite

On 04/04/17 18:30, Mike Pennisi wrote:
> I think it GitHub.com issues would be ideal here? For those less
> familiar: they
> can provide the same functionality as the referenced spreadsheet. That
> includes
>
> - They can be marked "complete"
> - They can be assigned to multiple people [1]
> - They can communicate overall progress towards a milestone [2]
>
> But they are improvements in a few important ways.
>
> - They support conversations
> - They are more closely tied to the tests themselves (can be
> referenced/closed
>   via pull request/commit) [3]
> - They support documenting incremental progress [4]
> - They make changes (e.g. re-assignment) visible
>
> Though maybe most important of all: they are far more discoverable. I don't
> think potential contributors stand much of a chance of finding a
> spreadsheet
> maintained by mailing list participants. On the other hand, when they see
> relevant commits that reference a GitHub.com milestone, or they see a
> developer
> making comments in an issue thread, they'll know where to go.

FWIW I think the main disadvantage of this is that it's hard to get an
overview; you have to dig into multiple issues rather than being able to
get a single-page summary. I agree the spreadsheet isn't ideal though
(evidence: there are at least two and no one is keeping them up to date.
That might also be a problem with issues though).