Re: HTTP Response Codes - Just for clarity

On 08/11/14 00:44, David Burns wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have started going through the notes and making some of the changes
> and am looking at HTTP Response codes that should be returned. I have
> put examples below, can you check that I am understanding correctly
> before I carry on. This is only a subset but it covers most of the URL
> endpoint types
>
> GET /session/{sessionId}/element/{ELEMENT}/attribute/{name}
>   200 if the attribute found
>   404 if not found with data being returned as {"value": null}

I'm not sure why this would be {"value":null}; I thought the plan was
for all non-200 responses to have {"error":something} in the body.

> POST /session/{sessionId}/element/
>   200 if Element is found
>   501 if it is not found with error in data model returned

Assuming you mean this as an example of a method/path combo that doesn't
exist, 404 seems more appropriate (and 405 if the path exists but the
wrong method was used).

> POST /session/{sessionId}/element/{ELEMENT}
>   200 if Element is found
>   404 if it is not found with error in data model returned

I don't see this in the spec, so it seems like it would return 404?