Aborting navigations

From: James Graham <james@hoppipolla.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 22:30:12 +0100
To: "public-browser-tools-testing@w3.org" <public-browser-tools-testing@w3.org>
I spoke with Hixie about aborting navigations in HTML e.g. to prevent
navigation to file:// URLs. He pointed out that step 10 of the
"navigate" algorithm [1] give the UA freedom to ignore navigations
pretty much at will. Therefore I think that it's fine to add text to the
security section in the webdriver spec indicating that the UA might (or
"should", or whatever the conclusion about that was) consider file an
unsupported protocol when using webdriver.

I think this concludes the action [2]

[1]
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/history.html#navigate

[2] http://www.w3.org/2014/07/08-testing-minutes.html#action01