Re: ACTION-924: canvas and SVG draft text / comments

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what W3C is.  Shouldn't W3C be the non-bias
member that says, if your going to use this technology, this is the
standards to follow?   Not, don't use this technology for that, use this
instead.   Technology, unfortunately, is regulated by money.  If the company
has a SVG developer in house, then that's what they will use.  If they have
a Canvas developer, they're not going to start looking for someone that
knows SVG.

To me it seems there should be a standard for people that use Canvas and a
standard for people that use SVG.   Lets face it, not everyone is IBM, GE,
or Microsoft and have money to burn so they can hire people for each
technology they want to work with.  And lets also face these companies that
do have money to burn, make their own standards, not following someone
elses.

Plus, when you start tell people what technologies to use instead of
standardizing the technology, people start looking more closely at who your
friends are and make sure your not bias about your decisions and making W3C
more unreliable.

--
Gavin