From: public-bpwg-request@w3.org [mailto:public-bpwg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Alan Chuter
Sent: 02 June 2009 10:02
To: MWI BPWG Public
Subject: Package namespace for checker extensions

Miguel Garcia wrote:
> PD: No objections to the suggested namespace
> (org.w3c.mwi.mobileok.basic.ext.*) for non-mobileOK extensions of the
> Checker

Suggested in [1]. Is it a good idea to have third parties (even if there
are WG members involved) creating packages in the org.w3 namespace? As
the checker is extensible anyone can create extensions, but it would be
confusing and unmanageable if they were to all to start creating
org.w3.* packages, potentially overlapping each other. In this case the
proposal is to include the extension in the source tree but this won't
always be the case. I suggest that it would be better for each developer
to use their own namespace.

regards,

Alan

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mobileok-checker/2009May/0000.html

--
Alan Chuter
Departamento de Usabilidad y Accesibilidad