W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-bpwg@w3.org > August 2009

[minutes] BPWG Teleconference 2009-08-25

From: Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 16:37:25 +0200
Message-ID: <4A93F725.4070609@w3.org>
To: Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group WG <public-bpwg@w3.org>
Hi,

The minutes of today's call are available at:
  http://www.w3.org/2009/08/25-bpwg-minutes.html

... and copied as text below.

Short call to clean up a few remaining actions and issues.

ISSUE-298 on linked stylesheets for CT was closed following the 
resolution taken on 30 June 2009 by the group.
ISSUE-290 on desirable goal of MWABP statements was closed following 
Adam's reply and the fact that the draft already contains most of the 
suggested wording.

Main remaining actions:
- Editorial updates on Jo on CT.
- Review XSS tests on me for CT.
- Review the last call comments to see where we stand on me for CT.
- Canvas/SVG discussion for MWABP.
- Addendum to BP, final update?

Thanks,
Francois.

-----
25 Aug 2009

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2009Aug/0014.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/08/25-bpwg-irc

Attendees

    Present
           jeffs, francois, EdC, yeliz, SeanP

    Regrets
           sangwhan, tom, abel, nacho, DKA, jo

    Chair
           francois

    Scribe
           EdC

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]mobileOK Scheme - new note
          2. [6]CT Guidelines - X-Device-* registration
          3. [7]CT Guidelines - Quick actions review
          4. [8]MWABP - Quick actions review
          5. [9]Addendum to MWBP - Status update
      * [10]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

mobileOK Scheme - new note

    <francois> Scribe: EdC

    MobileOK note is on its way!

CT Guidelines - X-Device-* registration

    <francois> ACTION-928?

    <trackbot> ACTION-928 -- Francois Daoust to progress registration of
    the X- headers irrespective his personal distate for the subject --
    due 2009-04-02 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/928

      [11] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/928

    Official request for provisional registration of X-Device fields
    sent on 2009-08-24. No feedback yet, it should come towards the end
    of the week.

CT Guidelines - Quick actions review

    <francois> [12]Opened actions on CT

      [12] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/products/12

    <francois> ACTION-1002?

    <trackbot> ACTION-1002 -- Sean Patterson to review Jo's updates in
    draft 1s based on his feedback. When done, actions 975, 976, 977,
    978, 979 can be closed -- due 2009-08-18 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1002

      [13] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1002

    Main outstanding actions on CTG.

    <francois> close ACTION-1002

    <trackbot> ACTION-1002 Review Jo's updates in draft 1s based on his
    feedback. When done, actions 975, 976, 977, 978, 979 can be closed
    closed

    Jo did whatever was needed regarding action 1002.

    <jeffs> +1

    <francois> close ACTION-975

    <trackbot> ACTION-975 Correct SeanP's point 2 closed

    <francois> close ACTION-976

    <trackbot> ACTION-976 Enact Seanp's point 4 closed

    <francois> close ACTION-977

    <trackbot> ACTION-977 Check and correct spelling of "XMLHttpRequest"
    as necessary closed

    <francois> close ACTION-978

    <trackbot> ACTION-978 Enact point 7 of seanp's email closed

    <francois> close ACTION-979

    <trackbot> ACTION-979 Enact point 8 of Sean's email closed

    <francois> ACTION-982?

    <trackbot> ACTION-982 -- Eduardo Casais to propose some specific
    text ref ISSUE-298 -- due 2009-06-23 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/982

      [14] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/982

    <francois> [15]Minutes of 30 June call

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2009/06/30-bpwg-minutes.html#item06

    <francois> close ACTION-982

    <trackbot> ACTION-982 Propose some specific text ref ISSUE-298
    closed

    Regarding action 982: a resolution was taken but not yet implemented
    in the text of the CTG. The original action can be nevertheless
    closed.

    Most actions are on Jo or Francois.

    <francois> ISSUE-298?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-298 -- With reference to Eduardo's point about
    linked stylesheets,
    [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2009May/0011.htm
    l, we need to review in the light of an earlier decision on images
    and possibly aslo in light of a recursion problem with link rel= --
    OPEN

      [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2009May/0011.html

    <trackbot>
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/298

      [17] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/298

    <francois> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: close ISSUE-298, see resolution
    taken on 30 June 2009 re linked stylesheets for ACTION-982.

    The action 298 is related to 982 and was handled simultaneously.

    +1

    <francois> +1

    <jeffs> +1

    RESOLUTION: close ISSUE-298, see resolution taken on 30 June 2009 re
    linked stylesheets for ACTION-982.

    <jeffs> +1

    <francois> close ISSUE-298

    <trackbot> ISSUE-298 With reference to Eduardo's point about linked
    stylesheets,
    [18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2009May/0011.htm
    l, we need to review in the light of an earlier decision on images
    and possibly aslo in light of a recursion problem with link rel=
    closed

      [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2009May/0011.html

MWABP - Quick actions review

    <francois> [19]Opened actions on MWABP

      [19] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/products/14

    <jeffs> close it, we are done

    <francois> ACTION-876?

    <trackbot> ACTION-876 -- Jeffrey Sonstein to send to Jeff list of
    test cases that Jeff can inflict on a grad student. -- due
    2008-10-25 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/876

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/876

    <francois> close ACTION-876

    <trackbot> ACTION-876 Send to Jeff list of test cases that Jeff can
    inflict on a grad student. closed

    Going through some long pending actions. Many of them had been
    already discussed in previous meetings, but not closed.

    <francois> ACTION-904?

    <trackbot> ACTION-904 -- Jeffrey Sonstein to initiate discussion on
    his blog ref feedback on the MWABP -- due 2009-02-17 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/904

      [21] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/904

    <francois> close ACTION-904

    <trackbot> ACTION-904 Initiate discussion on his blog ref feedback
    on the MWABP closed

    <francois> ACTION-910?

    <trackbot> ACTION-910 -- Jeffrey Sonstein to get review canvas tag
    materials and suggest how/if to address in BP -- due 2009-03-10 --
    OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/910

      [22] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/910

    <jeffs> yes

    <jeffs> I will work on this over the next wk - 2

    <francois> ACTION-918?

    <trackbot> ACTION-918 -- Daniel Appelquist to write a relevant
    section at Webapps Wiki to act as reference for On MWABP 1.3.2 DKA
    -- due 2009-04-01 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/918

      [23] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/918

    Action on Canvas/SVG is the last point still requiring main work.

    <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - on

    Issue on Canvas/SVG is the last point still requiring main work.

    There was no real definition of widgets. The goal was to insert a
    small section in Webapps Wiki to define what widgets are.

    <francois> [24]Widgets 1.0 Packaging spec

      [24] http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/CR-widgets-20090723/

    Since there is a document (Widgets 1.0 Packaging spec), we might
    possibly interpret 918 as inserting references to this new spec into
    the MWABP.

    <jeffs> agree w EdC

    The action 918 is left open till Dan can close it.

    <jeffs> 910 & 924 are really the same thing

    <francois> ACTION-957?

    <trackbot> ACTION-957 -- Adam Connors to draft a BP on login forms
    adapting previous resolutions on the topic for discussion -- due
    2009-05-05 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/957

      [25] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/957

    <francois> ACTION-958?

    <trackbot> ACTION-958 -- Jeffrey Sonstein to review some of the 3.4
    & 3.5 examples from the perspective of the average developer and
    report -- due 2009-05-18 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/958

      [26] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/958

    <jeffs> 958 is on me & will do ASAP

    <francois> ACTION-995?

    <trackbot> ACTION-995 -- Adam Connors to look through J.J.'s email
    and apply additional text as necessary to reflect the additional
    desireable goals as a note after each individual BP. -- due
    2009-07-14 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/995

      [27] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/995

    Regarding action 995, there has been no feedback from Jonathan for a
    couple of weeks. We can consider the action discharged.

    <francois> close ACTION-995

    <trackbot> ACTION-995 Look through J.J.'s email and apply additional
    text as necessary to reflect the additional desireable goals as a
    note after each individual BP. closed

    <francois> ISSUE-290?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-290 -- Desirable Goal of MWABP statements -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/290

      [28] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/290

    Since the action has been dealt with, the original issue can be
    considered as addressed as well.

    <francois> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: re. desirable goal of MWABP
    statements, the latest MWABP draft captures the concepts as
    mentioned in Adam's email. Close ISSUE-290.

    +1

    <francois> +1

    <jeffs> +1

    RESOLUTION: re. desirable goal of MWABP statements, the latest MWABP
    draft captures the concepts as mentioned in Adam's email. Close
    ISSUE-290.

    <francois> close ISSUE-290

    <trackbot> ISSUE-290 Desirable Goal of MWABP statements closed

    <francois> ACTION-997?

    <trackbot> ACTION-997 -- Adam Connors to write first text based on
    the listserve discussion of Media Queries -- due 2009-07-21 --
    PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/997

      [29] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/997

    We left action 997 open till Adam can gather all feedback and
    integrate the modification into a new version of the MWABP document.

    <francois> ACTION-997 still open as the section requires some
    fine-tuning, in particular re. warning on media types.

    <francois> ACTION-998?

    <trackbot> ACTION-998 -- Adam Connors to extract some useful info
    from the discussion around ACTION-790 and add it to the doc -- due
    2009-07-21 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/998

      [30] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/998

    <francois> ACTION-790?

    <trackbot> ACTION-790 -- Alan Chuter to produce some text around
    accessibility of Javascript for Web Application Best Practices --
    due 2008-07-03 -- CLOSED

    <trackbot>
    [31]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/790

      [31] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/790

    It regards Javascript and accessibility of Web applications.

    <francois> ACTION-911?

    <trackbot> ACTION-911 -- Jeffrey Sonstein to get Prof. Bogaard at
    RIT to review SVG materials and suggest how/if to address in BP --
    due 2009-03-10 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/911

      [32] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/911

    There had been material collected, but it has not been evaluated
    yet. Jeff will deal with this issue in the context of Canvas and
    SVG.

    <francois> ACTION-885?

    <trackbot> ACTION-885 -- Jeffrey Sonstein to draft a response to
    ETSI ref his 2 main issues as discussed under ACTION-875 -- due
    2008-11-20 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [33]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/885

      [33] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/885

    <francois> ACTION-875?

    <trackbot> ACTION-875 -- Jeffrey Sonstein to scope current draft and
    see what aspects may be of interest to us. -- due 2008-10-27 --
    CLOSED

    <trackbot>
    [34]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/875

      [34] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/875

    The deadline to respond to ETSI has probably been missed, so the
    point has become moot. Jeff will catch up with these older actions
    and issues.

Addendum to MWBP - Status update

    <francois> No news.

    At this stage, we must wait for Adam/Dan/Jo to be present for
    further discussions.

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]
Received on Tuesday, 25 August 2009 14:38:02 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:09:01 UTC