Some recent W3C mobile-related announcements

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 22:30:59 +0100
To: public-bpwg <public-bpwg@w3.org>

Hi Mobile Web Fans (tm),

There were a couple of recent W3C announcements regarding mobile
technologies that I think are worth mentioning here:
 * the Geolocation Working Group was chartered to standardize a
Javascript APIs to get location-information from a browser environment:
http://www.w3.org/2008/geolocation/
Hopefully, we should see a first public working draft of that API
shortly.
 * the Device Description Repository was released as a Proposed
Recommendation status, the penultimate state of the W3C Recommendation
track:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/PR-DDR-Simple-API-20080917/
 * SVG 1.2 Tiny was republished as a Last Call working draft (back from
Candidate Recommendation), with an expectation to request its transition
to Proposed Recommendation after that new review period:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-SVGMobile12-20080915/

Dom