MWBP WCAG document: Progress and proposal to move content of "WCAG 2.0 and MWBP Together" page

From: Alan Chuter <achuter@technosite.es>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 10:46:20 +0200
To: MWI BPWG Public <public-bpwg@w3.org>, EOWG <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
CC: Jo Rabin <jrabin@mtld.mobi>, Shawn Lawton Henry <shawn@w3.org>, Daniel Appelquist <Daniel.Appelquist@vodafone.com>

The "WCAG 2.0 and MWBP Together" page [1] does not contain much
material. To summarise it, if people are planning on doing both together
(which we hope they will), they should first choose the WCAG compliance
level and then use the material in the "WCAG 2.0 to MWBP" page to
produce a coherent set of requirements. Given the time available to work
on the document, I don't think there is much more we can usefully say.
To give more detail more would make for a very long-winded and
complicated page. So the proposal is to make the whole document more
compact by moving this to the Overview page [2].

Following discussion of this proposal in teleconferences today and
tomorrow I will incorporate comments received and publish a new draft
early next week. Hopefully then we can leave the document stable and
ready for review by WCAG WG and Protocols and Formats WG.

regards,

Alan

[1]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/Accessibility/drafts/ED-mwbp-wcag-20080901/together.html