Re: Editorial comments on "Shared Web Experiences: Barriers Common to Mobile Device Users and People with Disabilities"

Hi Yeliz

I apologise for not having got my comments to you earlier. I'd prepared
them but somehow managed not to send them.

Jo

In general I like the layout.

I think that it might be worth making the descriptive text that follows
the title more consistent. Sometimes it says "the user" sometimes "user"
sometimes "user" is implied and sometimes it is a staccato list of
problems e.g. "Information loss. Content inoperable"

Would it be better if "Large page or large images" read "Large pages and
large images"?

In the same section Users / get or User / gets ?

In the section "Information conveyed only using CSS" is it worth
mentioning that CSS can contain content as well as formatting - e.g.
background image and "before" and "after" text?

On "Missing or inappropriate page title" - - the title is often not
displayed at all in mobile browsers. So the significance is probably
that bookmark lists don't make much sense.

Under Focus (tab) order - I think the mobile section sort of implies
that navigation is via tab key, which it isn't, but in any case it may
be worth mentioning that it's hard to navigate with the common 4-way rocker.

At Long words etc. - I think it may be worth mentioning that the users
context often means that they want rapid access to unambiguous
information - i.e. it's not just that they are distracted and have
partial attention on the content.

Invalid or unsupported markup - some older devices don't display invalid
markup at all. I don't think that content adaptation is the main point
here, and should probably be removed.