Re: WBXML support in Opera

From: David Storey <dstorey@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 15:00:12 +0200
Cc: public-bpwg <public-bpwg@w3.org>
To: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>

Sure.  I'll look into it and let you know ASAP.

On 9 Sep 2008, at 14:40, Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Charles took an action item (ACTION-688) a while ago to check whether
> Opera supports WBXML, the compression algorithm used in the WML world,
> and whether that support is limited to WML itself or can be used more
> generally.
>
> Would you be able to look into this in Charles's stead?
>
> (The purpose was to evaluate whether WBXML was something that could be
> recommended in the Mobile Web Application Best Practices).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dom

David Storey

Chief Web Opener,
Product Manager Opera Dragonfly,
Consumer Product Manager Opera Core,
W3C Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group member

Consumer Product Management & Developer Relations
Opera Software ASA
Oslo, Norway

Mobile: +47 94 22 02 32
E-Mail: dstorey@opera.com